Refer to the Rapid City Area Schools Middle School Activities Page for additional details.
Check out one of these activities at Southwest Middle School:
Extracurricular activities provide a host of benefits.
- Enhance academic performance
- Explore interests and create broader perspectives
- Higher self-esteem
- Provide social opportunities to make friend and build strong relationships
- Build like skills outside of the classroom
- Productive breaks
- Essential life skills including goal setting, teamwork, time management, prioritization, problem solving, analytical thinking, leadership, public speaking
- Improve graduation rates
- University applications and resumes